80 Ac – Covington County – River Falls Tract

By July 24, 2015 No Comments

** SOLD ** This is a great home site, recreational tract and timber investment all in one package! The River Falls tract is 80 acres of gorgeous hardwoods and pine plantation in west Covington County about seven miles west of Andalusia. In addition to a significant amount of timber, it features a nice creek, an excellent pond site, and almost 1,800 feet of Hwy 84 frontage. There are approximately 22 acres of loblolly pines that have been thinned once and are ready for a second thinning.   The balance of the tract is in mature, merchantable, mixed hardwoods and pines which could be clear cut and replanted in pines, partially cut to create diversity in the stand, or left as-is to continue to grow. The creek flows from the middle of the tract out through the NE corner. With high ground on both sides of the creek, there several spots to build a nice pond. This tract would make an outstanding country home site. It has plenty of nice, flat ground to on which to build. And, with Hwy 84 frontage, it is less than 10 minutes from Andalusia and about 20 miles from Evergreen. River Falls provides plenty of options for the new owners. You can continue to grow timber or convert some existing timberland to pasture or row crop land. It is surrounded by other timber tracts with some scattered homesteads in the area. It has one well-established, three-acre food plot very conveniently located about 300 feet off the road. Other than the food plot, access is somewhat limited on this property as there are very few internal trails or roads. It has not been recently hunted but the food plot is in good shape and could be put back into production with very little effort. With the abundance of large, mast-producing trees, a good supply of water, and little to no hunting pressure of late, the River Falls tract is certain to have plenty of wildlife roaming around. The Seller will retain 75% of the mineral rights, with the remaining 25% conveyed to the Buyer. Property taxes are $250 per year. More pictures will be available soon! For more information or to schedule a showing contact: Joe Blackburn (334) 464-1828 joe@tuttland.com   Directions: From Andalusia, take Hwy 84 west for approximately 7.8 miles; property will be on your right.

Property Information

Status: Sold

Price: $184,000

Acreage: 80

Location

State: Alabama

County: Covington

Agent Information

Name: Joe Blackburn

Phone: (334) 464-1828

Email: joe@tuttland.com

Return to Listings