48 Ac – Dale County – Horseshoe Lake
48 acres in Dale County, Alabama
Listing Status: Sold
This one-of-a-kind property features a completely private lake, house, two cabins and a pond located on Hwy 27 on the outskirts of Ozark, AL in Dale County. Horseshoe Lake is a well-maintained, stocked lake located on 48 acres of improved grounds creating a gorgeous setting for a home, with plenty of space and facilities for the extended family. This multi-use property has unlimited potential for recreation and could be prime candidate for development. Fish, swim, canoe or kayak to your heart’s content and enjoy the beautiful scenery and moderate weather of south Alabama. Features include:
- Beautiful 21+ acre lake; professionally managed and stocked with bass and panfish
- Two houses on the water’s edge; one newer modular construction with rustic wood exterior (1,800 sq ft) and an older, ranch-style home (1,800 sq ft) on the opposite side of the lake that has not been used for many years
- Two private, 400 sq ft mini-cabins on the lake; with bathrooms and kitchens
- One-quarter mile of Hwy 27 frontage and over 700’ feet on paved County Road; gated, two points of entry
- Two-acre catfish pond separate from the main lake
- Full utilities on the grounds
Developers need to take a look at this property. Horseshoe Lake’s shape provides a wide range of opportunities to build waterfront homes with acreage. Power, city water and waste utilities are available on the property.
Horseshoe Lake would be ideally suited to serve as a retreat for a business or a church. Get some work done and enjoy the water!
The property has both Hwy 27 frontage and immediate Hwy 231 access. Montgomery is 75 miles to the north and Dothan is about 20 miles to the south. Atlanta is a three hour drive and you can be relaxing on the Florida beaches in an hour and a half.